Seasonal disease affecting us majorly in our daily routine upon change in environment and lack of healthy lifestyle, which brings symptoms such as cough, cold, viral flues etc. And by this article will help you to know Actionable Seasonal Disease Control Tips that work like a charm! and help you to lower the impact of seasonal diseases on your health.
As seasons changes, the environment also changes. The humidity, substantial weather conditions, and even immunity system change happen in the time of season change leading to seasonal diseases. Seasonal diseases are those illnesses that occur more frequently during specific seasons of the year. Most common are viral infections such as the flu and the common cold, as well as other respiratory infections like pneumonia. Also, various kinds of bacterial, pollution, and pollen allergic reactions are caused during a seasonal outbreak.
Here we are discussing the tips that could help us to overcome these seasonal epidemics.
Wash your hands properly.
As seasons change bacterial and viral infections can cause various diseases. Especially during rainy seasons fever, cough and flu are caused so washing and sanitizing your hands should always be a priority to reduce these diseases. One should always wash their hands with soap and water and outdoor contact and should take a proper bath after intense activities. As we know, during the covid pandemic, one of the major guidelines given where to sanitize and take proper baths as a prevention method against covid 19. Therefore, clean hands and body play a key role in disease control.
If we have a good immune system, fighting diseases become easier. Eating a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins can help to boost your immune system and reduce the risk of seasonal infections. There are several ways to boost your immunity and those are:
- Eating a well-balanced diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. These foods are high in vitamins and minerals that are essential for a healthy immune system.
- Getting enough sleep of 6-8 hours.
- Taking health supplements like Vitamin C, D, Zinc, and other micronutrients that have been shown to have an impact on the immune system.
- Doing regular exercise can indeed improve immunity.
Vaccination is one of the most effective ways to protect against seasonal diseases such as flu, pneumonia, and others. They work by triggering an immune response in the body, which helps to build immunity to specific viruses and bacteria. This means that if a person is exposed to infection later on, their immune system can fight it off more effectively when a person is vaccinated.
Some of the seasonal disease vaccines to be noted are:
- Influenza (Flu) vaccine
- Pneumococcal vaccine
- Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (Tdap) vaccine
- Yellow fever vaccine
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) Vaccine
Avoid Contact with sick People
When a person is sick, they are more likely to spread germs and infections to others. By avoiding close contact with sick people, you can reduce your risk of getting sick. Being in contact with them, increase the risk of being affected with infectious diseases causing grave lethargic conditions.
Some ways to avoid getting infected by sick people:
- Stay away from people who are visibly sick, such as those who are coughing or sneezing.
- Stay away from crowded places, such as public transportation and large gatherings, during peak cold and flu season.
- If you’re feeling ill, it’s best to stay home and avoid close contact with others to reduce the spread of germs.
- wear a mask and gloves, and practice good hand hygiene to reduce the spread of germs.
Saving your current environment clean is a significant strategy for infectious disease prevention. At the point when microorganisms and contaminations are readily available in the climate, they can be effortlessly spread to other people. By keeping your environment clean, you can decrease the spread of microorganisms and lower your gamble of becoming ill.
Some key tips for a clean environment:
- Regularly clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, light switches, and countertops, to reduce the spread of germs.
- Disinfect commonly shared spaces such as bathrooms and kitchens, to reduce the spread of germs.
- Keep your personal spaces like your bedroom, office, or car clean and organized.
- Keep windows open for fresh air, when possible, to decrease the concentration of indoor air pollution, which can be caused by dust, mold, and bacteria.
To be in a healthy state of mind and body, disease control plays a huge role. One should always encapsulate the key precautions against seasonal disease control to embark on a highly immune body during seasonal climatic changes. Vaccination should be taken, and vitamin supplements should be a part of your diet to enhance immunity, thus helping us to take actionable steps against these epidemics.
We hope above article will be helpful to you in controlling seasonal disease impact on your family’s health.
Thanks for visiting our website,
Article Contributor: Anila Susan Philip
Also see below YouTube video on more tips related to seasonal disease control