Being a diabetic person, one has to live in a structured lifestyle to reduce the threat of health issues due to low immunity during diabetes. And only a best diet and balanced lifestyle can help a diabetes patient to recovery the immunity.
As a diabetic patient has to live a life with compulsory good exercise as well as a planned diet, that can help to control his body sugar and insulin level. And reduce threat of lack of body immunity and mainly maintaining body energy which requires to do their daily routine.
Ideal Self Care routine for Diabetes patients:
- Always make sure to eat healthy food.
- Do regular exercise, body movements and be active in most of days.
- Always test your blood sugar in frequent intervals.
- Always take on time and proper dosages of medicines which prescribed by doctors.
- Learn yourself to manage stress occurs in your daily routine.
- Learn to manage the emotional side arrives from the diabetes disease in your life.
- regularly doing a medical health checkup.
Important things to be watched by diabetic person on daily basis:
- Always Eat Healthy & Good:
- Take the time to cook your food in a well manner, because there should be no rush for good things.
- You can refer YouTube or any online way to learn simple and healthy and tasty recipes by own.
- Note down or take photos of all your food you eat in a day this will help you to track your diet.
- You should choose your fruits and vegetables very carefully, consult with nutritionist to plan it well.
- Skip food made for diabetics at food joints, it can be costly, rather than carry own trip meal with you.
- Share and eat a similar food for you and your family, it pursues everyone to eat only healthier food.
- Try a Meatless diet day in a week, instead you can enjoy beans day or lentils day in a week.
- Try creative food so family can enjoy a soul food, change vegetable with pasta, or rice, or add a twist to veggies with a tasty sauce.
- Learn by self about healthy eating, as diabetic person has to do it must to stay healthy forever.
- Choose your daily food ingredients very carefully and consult with doctors before heavy eating.
- Use healthy cooking oil for your daily food preparation you can refer our following article link to know more. Which cooking oil is good for health? – GymBag4U
- See yourself Physically active all day:
- With the help of exercise, you can reduce diabetes harsh effects, and it comes with no cost only time.
- See yourself Sweating once in a day to fulfil your complete exercise, it can be by a simple cycling walking or running.
- Work out with a friend & family, so it benefits their health and improve you’re bonding with them.
- Track your daily activity with any app. This will help you to keep updated and motivated.
- There are many stuffs available on YouTube and online regarding workout and diets for a diabetic person refer it and try it, it may be help you more on health terms.
- Manage Stress:
- Do regular meditation and yoga to relax your body. on YouTube and online is flooded with such many videos and methods to healthily your body.
- Keep your body active all day, always Get moving yourself with a short.
- Prefer healthy outing with friends and family on weekends.
- Keep doing Healthy Things:
- Start small healthy habits every day, improve them and keep bigger health goals.
- Turn on self-specific goals, Such as regular Morning walk & Night Walk after dinner with family on weekdays.
- Make good choices easier. Stick to just one or two healthy breakfast options, bring your lunch instead of buying, leave the dog’s leash by the door.
- Keep Learning yourself about diabetes self-management start from your first diagnosed.
- What a diabetic patient to do while doctor checkups:
- When a new event or health problem affects a diabetic patient should discuss it right away with his doctor.
- A diabetic patient should discuss your daily routine or change in routine and ask doctor’s suggestion.
- Ask your doctor to recommend a diabetes lifestyle which suits your body type.
- Discuss about what to do if a medicine time changes by any situations.
- Ask doctors about possible serious situation symptoms & Responses, So, you can take care as well make aware of it to your family and friends which can be helpful in emergency.
Important Advice on planning Diet of Diabetic Patient’s:
- Take sufficient carbs in your daily diet, eat more Grains such as brown rice, whole oats, buckwheat, fruits, vegetables, pulses, beans, lentils, yoghurt and milk any of those made items should be must in your daily carb diet.
- Reduce table salt intake. and prefer to eat less salty food in your daily diet, also avoid adding topping salt in your daily diet. You can use rock salt for better taste and health during diabetes.
- if possible, then completely remove red meat from your diet. and change with healthy fatty food such as fish, eggs, chicken, turkey & vegan un-salted nuts in your diet to get healthy fat’s.
- Add more fruits and vegetables in your daily diet, add one fruits & veg salad in your daily diet.
- Use healthy fat instead of saturated fat in your diet, you can add unsalted nuts, seeds, avocado, oily fish, olive oil, sunflower oil, repressed oil etc. in your diet to gain good fats.
- Cut down white sugar intake, you can use jaggery, sugar free and brown sugar in a minimal quantity.
- Choose your snacks carefully, cut down deep fried and oily snacks, instead eat dry fruits and nuts, seeds, baked & less fat snacks, fruits, natural fruit juices and salad’s etc.
- Avoid habits like drinking alcohol & smoking, those are also harmful to a diabetic patient and his surroundings.
- Instead of eating special diabetic food, eat a healthier and tastier one with low salt, fat and sugar.
- Plan a nutrition and mineral rich diet, watch the ingredients, list them out, know the nutrition by self and then prepare your daily diet chart accordingly.
- make your own homemade sauce & pickles instead of buying readymade. This will help you to control excessive intake of sugar, salt & oil from readymade sauce and pickles.
- Cut down high fat dairy products, instead use low fat and unsweetened dairy products such as low-fat Milk, low fat Yogurt etc.
- Avoid starchy items from your daily diet such as potatoes, corn etc., instead use multigrain food, pulses, beans, cassava, whole wheat flour made breads, brown rice, pasta etc.
Conclusion: with Diabetes a person can also enjoy his diet by all means, he can do enough daily exercise, spend time with his friends and family and eat self-chosen healthy food such as cereals, whole wheat items, brown rice, low sugar & salt food, lots of fruits and vegetables, Eggs, oily fish like tuna, salmon, chicken, noodles, nuts, selected dry fruits, seeds, pasta, pulses and many more. No doctor wants to restrict a diabetic patient to enjoy his diet, but they can guide him to it healthier.
We hope above diabetic diet plan advise help to plan a diabetic person diet in a very well manner.
Thanks for visiting our website
You can also refer expert video on 5 best diabetic food.