Knee replacement surgery is a procedure to replace a damaged or diseased knee joint with an artificial joint. The artificial joint is made of metal and plastic and is designed to mimic the natural movement of the knee joint.
Knee replacement surgery is a major surgery and it is important to understand the risks and benefits of the procedure.
The risks of knee replacement surgery include:
- Blood clots
- Nerve damage
- Muscle damage
- Joint stiffness
- Inability to return to your previous level of activity
The benefits of knee replacement surgery include:
- Pain relief
- Improved function
- Increased mobility
- Improved quality of life
Knee replacement surgery is a good option for people who have severe knee pain that does not improve with other treatments, such as physical therapy, medication, or injections.
The knee replacement surgery process can be divided into the following stages:
- Preparation: The patient will meet with their doctor to discuss the risks and benefits of the procedure. They will also have blood tests and other tests to make sure they are healthy enough for surgery.
- Surgery: The surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia. The surgeon will make an incision in the front of the knee and remove the damaged cartilage and bone. The artificial joint will then be inserted and the incision will be closed.
- Recovery: The patient will stay in the hospital for a few days after surgery. They will need physical therapy to help them regain their strength and mobility. Most patients can return home after about a week.
The cost of knee replacement surgery can vary depending on the hospital, the type of implant, and the patient’s individual circumstances. The approx. cost for Knee prosthesis starts from 50,000 to 1,00,000 per implant (USD 1000+) & for Single Knee Surgery starts form 1.5 Lacs to 2 Lacs (Max Up to USD 2500) for a single knee However, knee replacement surgery in India is generally much less expensive than knee replacement surgery in other countries.
Here are some of the factors that can affect the cost of knee replacement surgery in India:
- The type of implant: There are two types of knee implants: metal-on-metal and ceramic-on-polyethylene. Metal-on-metal implants are generally more expensive than ceramic-on-polyethylene implants.
- The hospital: The cost of knee replacement surgery can vary depending on the hospital. Some hospitals have higher costs than others.
- The patient’s individual circumstances: The patient’s individual circumstances can also affect the cost of knee replacement surgery. For example, patients with more complex medical conditions may have higher costs.
If you are considering knee replacement surgery, it is important to do your research and compare costs between different hospitals. You should also talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of knee replacement surgery.
Here are some of the hospitals in India that offer knee replacement surgery:
- Apollo Hospitals
- Fortis Hospitals
- Max Healthcare
- Narayana Health
These hospitals have a good reputation and offer high-quality care. They also have a team of experienced doctors who can perform knee replacement surgery safely and effectively.
If you are considering knee replacement surgery, it is important to choose a reputable hospital with a team of experienced doctors. You should also make sure that the hospital has the necessary facilities and equipment to perform the procedure safely and effectively.
Here are some tips for recovering from knee replacement surgery:
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully.
- Take your pain medication as prescribed.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Do your physical therapy exercises.
- Use a knee brace if needed.
- Be patient. It takes time to recover from knee replacement surgery.
With proper care, most people who have knee replacement surgery are able to return to their previous level of activity.
Thanks for visiting our website