Dear Readers, thanks for visiting our website, lets know more about Top 5 Common Aerobic Exercise: Benefits & Warnings below.
The American Heart Association recommends a minimum of 30 minutes of aerobic exercise 5-7 days per week. And following are Top 5 Common Aerobic Exercise which can be very beneficial for our health.
More and more, people are getting passionate about aerobic workouts today— especially youngsters, fitness freaks, and the aged class. Fairly, each group chooses certain aerobic workouts according to their preferences.
Some are applying it to get rid of obesity, while others are applying it to maintain their well-being, and the list goes on. However, over the years, dance steps are considered among the most effective forms of aerobic exercise.
Let’s discover what are the top 5 common aerobic exercises for your next session.
Aerobic exercises are intended for cardiovascular conditioning. The term ‘aerobic’ means “with oxygen”. It means that breathing controls the amount of oxygen which results in better function of the muscles, allowing them to burn fuel and cause movement.
- Weight loss: Aerobic exercises may reduce excess weight or obesity if combined with a healthy diet.
- Boost stamina, fitness, and strength: Years of aerobic exercises can boost stamina and minimize fatigue. However, they can strengthen your heart, allowing your heart to pump blood more efficiently, and ensuring blood flow to all organs. It can strengthen the lungs, bones, and muscles too.
- Strength immunity: Strengthen your immunity and prevent viral illnesses such as colds and flu.
- Reduces chronic illness: It may soothe lower blood pressure and control blood sugar. Patients who are suffering from arthritis or coronary artery diseases may recover through guided aerobics.
- Increase HDL: It may increase HDL or “good” cholesterol resulting in less buildup of plaques in your arteries.
- Boost your mood: It can relieve stress, depression, or anxiety, improve sleep and self-esteem, allowing you to keep a well mental-being.
- Longevity: It is proven that people who perform regular aerobics tend to live longer than people who don’t exercise regularly, increasing the rate of heart disease or certain cancers.
1. Running or jogging
There is a tinge difference between running and jogging as per Dr. Cooper, MD, MPH. He suggests, if you’re running less than 9 minutes, you’re actually jogging. Both can perform outdoors and indoors and have control of setting the intensity according to the individual’s preference. When aimed to strengthen muscles, you’re likely to jog increasing the rate of speed. Another alternative suggests that you must take long strides to strengthen your muscle with large motion. It can eventually prevent strain and tightness in your muscles.
Swimming is an effective aerobic exercise— widely used to burn calories and for a healthy heart. This is an all-rounder exercise because it involves all the major muscles of your body. Yet, it aids in muscle strength and relieves joint pain.
Cycling is recommended for patients who have joint pain because it can reduce pressure on joints and muscles. When aiming for outdoor cycling, you have to overcome the resistance of the bicycle, along with propelling your body weight. For better results, it is suggested that cycling speed must escalate to 15 miles per hour.
It is an effective aerobic exercise, especially for aged people who spend a large amount of time dealing with inactivity. It is effective as it requires minimum pressure on joints. The good thing about it is— you can perform it anywhere; both indoors and outdoors. It is admitted that walking is not as effective as running. To challenge, one can perform it on a treadmill, changing density or speed, or can walk up more hills outside.
Commonly phrased, “Ditch the workout, join the club“, Zumba is widely popular as the most entertaining aerobic exercise. Basically, it is a dance, and you have to dance with the beat of salsa, flamenco, and merengue. The best way to perform it is to join a Zumba class. Don’t worry! You don’t need to be good at dancing.
It is assumed that 60 minutes of Zumba class, working on sweat, can burn an average of 369 calories. Zumba is proven to be one of the effective cardio workouts that lessen fat, strengthen muscles to the core, and improve flexibility.
You can practice all the given aerobic exercises or pick 1-3 according to your requirement. It is advised that you must consult with a physician before applying any of the exercises.
- If you are dealing with diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, arthritis, or other health complications, you must follow additional safety guidelines for the selected exercises.
- If during aerobics, you find signs such as shortness of breath, dizziness, or aches in the chest or shoulder, and jaw, you should stop immediately and consult with your physician.
- It is also recommended that you must take time to warm up, and cool down for an effective exercise session.
Aerobic exercise, also known as cardio exercise, has its roots in the 1960s. The term “aerobic” was coined by Dr. Kenneth H. Cooper, an exercise physiologist at the San Antonio Air Force Hospital in Texas. Dr. Cooper designed a series of exercises to prevent coronary artery disease initially for the military, but later recognized that the general public, including those with obesity, could also benefit from these exercises. In 1968, he compiled all of his findings and methods into a book called “Aerobics,” which was released in the United States.
We hope you like our above article on Top 5 Common Aerobic Exercise,
for such interesting articles, kindly visit our weblog,
Article Credit: Bhaskarbrothers95@gmail.com