What are Basil Seeds?
Basil seeds, also known as sabja seeds or tukmaria, are small, black seeds that come from the basil plant. They have a mild, nutty flavor and are often used in Indian cuisine. Basil seeds are also a popular health food, and are known for their many benefits.
Benefits of Basil Seeds
- High in fiber: Basil seeds are a good source of fiber, which can help to improve digestion and promote regularity. Fiber can also help to lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Rich in antioxidants: Basil seeds are a good source of antioxidants, which can help to protect cells from damage and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Aids in weight loss: Basil seeds are low in calories and high in fiber, which can help to promote weight loss. Fiber can help to make you feel full, which can help you to eat less overall.
- Improves blood sugar control: Basil seeds have been shown to improve blood sugar control in people with diabetes. This is because the fiber in basil seeds can help to slow down the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream.
- Lowers cholesterol: Basil seeds have been shown to lower cholesterol levels in people with high cholesterol. This is because the fiber in basil seeds can help to bind to cholesterol and remove it from the body.
- Boosts immunity: Basil seeds are a good source of vitamins and minerals, which can help to boost the immune system. Vitamins A and C, in particular, are important for a healthy immune system.
- Improves skin health: Basil seeds are a good source of antioxidants, which can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals can damage the skin and lead to premature aging, wrinkles, and age spots.
How to Use BasilSeeds
Basil seeds can be eaten raw, soaked in water, or added to smoothies, yogurt, or other foods. They can also be used to make drinks such as falooda and lassi.
When soaking basil seeds, it is important to use cool water and let them soak for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the seeds to swell and become gelatinous.
Basil seeds can be added to a variety of dishes, both sweet and savory. They are a popular ingredient in Indian cuisine, and are often used in desserts, drinks, and salads.
Side Effects of BasilSeeds
Basil seeds are generally safe for most people to eat. However, there are some potential side effects, such as:
- Stomach upset: In some people, eating basil seeds can cause stomach upset, bloating, or gas.
- Allergic reactions: Basil seeds can cause allergic reactions in some people. Symptoms of an allergic reaction can include hives, itching, swelling, and difficulty breathing.
If you experience any side effects after eating basil seeds, stop eating them and consult with a doctor.
Basil seeds are a healthy and versatile food that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. They are a good source of fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins, and have been shown to offer a variety of health benefits. If you are looking for a healthy and delicious way to add more nutrients to your diet, basil seeds are a great option.
Thanks for visiting website Gymbag4u.com
You may also like following article on plant-based medicines health benefits of spices – GymBag4U health benefits of spices and Garden Medicinal Plants & their Benefits – GymBag4U and Natural Immunity – The role of nature in promoting physical and mental wellness (gymbag4u.com)