Kidney stones are a common health problem affecting millions of people every year. They are formed when crystals in the urine combine to form solid masses that can be quite painful to pass. If you suspect that you may have kidney stones, it is important to know the symptoms so that you can seek treatment promptly. In this article, we’ll discuss the kidneys stones symptoms which found commonly, so by knowing it you can act to prevent the disease.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones:
- Pain: The most common symptom of kidney stones is pain. This pain is typically located in the back, side, or lower abdomen. It may be a dull ache or a sharp pain that comes and goes. The pain can be so severe that it can cause nausea and vomiting.
- Changes in Urine: Another symptom of kidney stones is changes in urine. The urine may be pink, red, or brown in color. It may also have a foul smell or appear cloudy.
- Difficulty Urinating: Kidney stones can also make it difficult to urinate. You may feel the need to urinate more frequently than usual or have a burning sensation when you urinate.
- Fever and Chills: In some cases, kidney stones can cause fever and chills. This may indicate that the stone has caused an infection in the urinary tract.
Preventing Kidney Stones
- Drink Plenty of Water: One of the best ways to prevent kidney stones is to drink plenty of water. This helps to flush out the kidneys and prevent the crystals from forming.
- Eat a Healthy Diet: Eating a diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can also help prevent kidney stones. Avoiding foods that are high in oxalates, such as spinach, rhubarb, and chocolate, can also help.
- Exercise Regularly: Regular exercise can help prevent kidney stones by keeping your body healthy and preventing obesity.
In conclusion, kidney stones can cause a variety of symptoms that can be quite uncomfortable. If you suspect that you may have kidney stones, it is important to seek medical attention promptly. By following a healthy lifestyle that includes drinking plenty of water, eating a healthy diet, and exercising regularly, you can help prevent kidney stones from forming in the first place.
We hope above article on kidneys stones symptoms.