Ayurveda is a traditional Indian system of medicine that has been around for thousands of years. It takes a holistic approach to health and well-being, considering the mind, body, and spirit. Ayurveda also places a strong emphasis on diet and believes that eating the right foods as mentioned in traditional Ayurvedic breakfast recipes can help to prevent and treat disease.
According to Ayurveda, the best breakfast foods are those that are easy to digest, nutritious, and energizing. They should also be appropriate for your individual dosha, or mind-body type.
Here are some healthy breakfast food options that are mentioned in Ayurveda:
- Fruits: Fruits are a great way to start your day, as they are easy to digest and packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Some good Ayurvedic breakfast fruits include:
- Sweet and juicy fruits like mangoes, papayas, and bananas
- Cooked apples
- Dried figs and raisins
- Oats: Oats are another good breakfast option for people of all doshas. They are a good source of fiber, which can help to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Oats can also be cooked with different spices and herbs to create a variety of flavorful dishes.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a good source of protein and calcium, and it is also easy to digest. It can be eaten plain or with fruit, nuts, and seeds.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are a good source of protein, healthy fats, and fiber. They can be eaten on their own or added to yogurt, oatmeal, or smoothies. Some good Ayurvedic breakfast nuts and seeds include:
- Chia seeds
- Whole grains: Whole grains are a good source of complex carbohydrates, which provide sustained energy throughout the morning. Some good Ayurvedic breakfast whole grains include:
- Brown rice
Here are some Ayurvedic breakfast recipes that you can try:
- Oatmeal with berries and nuts: Cook oats according to package directions. Add fresh berries and nuts to taste. You can also add a splash of milk or yogurt.
- Yogurt parfait: Layer yogurt, fruit, nuts, and seeds in a jar or glass.
- Kitchari: Kitchari is a simple but nutritious dish made with rice and lentils. It is a good choice for breakfast, especially if you are feeling tired or sluggish.
- Poha: Poha is a flattened rice dish that is popular in India. It is often cooked with onions, potatoes, and spices.
- Idli and dosa: Idli and dosa are steamed pancakes made from fermented rice and lentil batter. They are often served with sambar and chutney.
- Lemonade: / Lemon juice and water Drinking Lemon with lukewarm water at the start of day will not only relief from hunger but also rejuvenate our digestive fluid system and improve immunity.
- Cow Milk Ghee / Clarified Butter: Adding natural Ghee / Clarified butter instead of regular cooking oil in your daily meal will enhance your energy and immunity.
- Milk: Milk is called as a complete food, and hence adding milk of Cow and Buffalow in your daily breakfast will not just provide you protein but also enhance your immunity due to its healthy contains.
When choosing breakfast foods, it is important to consider your individual dosha. Here are some general tips:
- Vata dosha: Vata people should choose warm, grounding foods for breakfast. Some good options include oatmeal, kitchari, and yogurt parfait.
- Pitta dosha: Pitta people should choose cooling and soothing foods for breakfast. Some good options include fresh fruit, yogurt, and smoothies.
- Kapha dosha: Kapha people should choose light and easily digestible foods for breakfast. Some good options include fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
No matter what your dosha is, there is a variety of healthy and delicious Ayurvedic breakfast options to choose from.
We hope you like our above article on ayurveda suggested breakfast.
Thanks for visiting Gymbag4u.com