Storing food properly is essential for keeping it fresh and safe to eat. The best way to store food depends on the type of food and how long you plan to keep it. You will get to know from below article that which foods / meals to freeze and which should avoid keeping in refrigerator.
Foods to freeze / meals to freeze.:
- Fruits and vegetables: Most fruits and vegetables can be frozen, but some will lose their texture or flavor after freezing. Avoid freezing fruits and vegetables that are already ripe, as they will become mushy.
- Meat: Most meats can be frozen, but some cuts of meat will have a better texture after freezing if they are first cooked.
- Fish: Fish can be frozen, but it is important to defrost it properly before cooking.
- Bread: Bread can be frozen, but it will become stale after thawing.
- Soups and stews: Soups and stews can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Leftovers: Leftovers can be frozen for up to 3 days.
Foods to refrigerate
- Dairy products: Dairy products, such as milk, cheese, and yogurt, should be refrigerated.
- Eggs: Eggs should be refrigerated.
- Meat: Raw meat should be refrigerated.
- Fish: Raw fish should be refrigerated.
- Fruits and vegetables: Some fruits and vegetables, such as leafy greens, should be refrigerated.
- Leftovers: Leftovers should be refrigerated within 2 hours of cooking.
Foods to avoid putting in the refrigerator
- Honey: Honey does not need to be refrigerated.
- Olive oil: Olive oil does not need to be refrigerated.
- Avocados: Avocados should be stored at room temperature until they are ripe. Once they are ripe, they can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Bananas: Bananas should be stored at room temperature until they are ripe. Once they are ripe, they can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Potatoes: Potatoes should be stored in a cool, dark place.
- Onions: Onions should be stored in a cool, dark place.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your food stays fresh and safe to eat.
Here are some additional tips for storing food:
- Wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly before storing them.
- Cut up fruits and vegetables and store them in airtight containers.
- Label all food containers with the date they were stored.
- Cook leftovers within 2 hours of cooking.
- Thaw frozen food in the refrigerator overnight.
- Do not refreeze food that has been thawed.
By following these tips, you can help prevent foodborne illness.
We hope with the help of above article our readers are aware to know meals to freeze and which to avoid keeping in refrigerator.
Thanks for visiting our website Gymbag4u.com
You may also like following articles related to food heating 11 Food Items we should avoid reheating – GymBag4U, Testing your food sensitivity How to Test Your Food Sensitivity – GymBag4U And about gym diet food Fuel Your Fitness Goals: The Best Foods for a Gym Physique – (gymbag4u.com).