Dear Readers, Pregnancy is the most important moment in every couple’s life. And it is very special moment for a mother to be taken care of. “Pregnancy is called a Birth of Both Mother and Child” as women has to go through an intense health sensitive time. And in this crucial period proper health care may lead a safe pregnancy and wellbeing of both mother and child. Therefore, by this article we are sharing few important Health Tips for Healthy Pregnancy
Pregnancy is the most beautiful but complicated period of a woman’s life that cannot be ignored in any way. Thus, if you are pregnant or trying for it, taking care of yourself has never been more significant. Here we tried to compile a list of health tips to help a Pregnant Women for staying healthy during your most fragile period of life.
Many experts suggest that taking prenatal vitamins is essential when you are pregnant or trying to conceive a pregnancy. Because these prenatal vitamins (folate, calcium, iodine, and iron) play significant roles in a baby’s body development.
- Folic acid helps prevent birth-defects that can cause severe abnormalities in the fetal brain and spinal cord.
- Taking excessive calcium is essential in calcium helps to prevent losing bone density when a baby uses calcium in their bone growth.
- Iodine deficiency can cause Miscarriage, Stillbirth, Stunted physical growth, Severe mental disability, and Deafness.
- Iron helps the mother’s body to make more blood cells that can carry oxygen to the baby.
In pregnancy, you must consume more water than a routine to form amniotic fluid, carry nutrients, build new tissues, produce extra blood, flush out waste, and enhance digestion. According to the American Pregnancy Association, pregnant women should drink ten glasses of water daily for better hydration of a pregnancy women.
- Water helps to absorb minerals, vitamins, and other food into your body and transfer these nutrients to fetal development.
- Drinking plenty of water reduces the risk of urinary infection, which is common in pregnancy.
- Water helps to alleviate indigestion, morning sickness, and heartburn in pregnant women.
Exercise during pregnancy will not only benefit you but also your baby. Even though pregnancy is a period of rest, exercise can protect you from various complications that you may face.
- Keep your body active and prevent excess weight gain
- Promote muscles strength and endurance
- Strengths mother’s heart and blood vessels
- Decrease the chance of preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, and cesarean birth.
Your eating plan during pregnancy should contain nutrient-rich foods and beverages. You should eat these foods and beverages each day.
- Whole grains (whole grain bread, brown rice, whole grain pasta, and whole grain cereal) are a great source of iron, folic acid, and fiber. These nutrients are essential for a pregnant woman.
- Vegetables and fruits are excellent sources of vital nutrients (vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants) that are essential for a pregnant woman. They provide extra nutrients like carotenoid, folic acid, and vitamin C that take part in baby growth and development.
- Protein is critical for baby growth and development, especially for the brain_it acts as building blocks for your baby cells and helps the baby to develop muscles, hair, and skin.
- Eating fat is essential for a pregnant woman. It provides energy to the body, cushions organs, makes important hormones, and helps to absorb other nutrients. Omega-3 fatty acids play a vital role in the baby’s eye development, brain, and nervous system.
- Pregnant Women should avoid eating unpasteurized milk products, soft cheese, undercooked fish, eggs, and meat. Undercooked and unpasteurized products have dangerous germs that can harm you and your baby.
- Pregnant women should not drink alcohol, and limit tea and coffee Search has suggested that caffeine in high amounts has a chance to pass through the placenta and lead to miscarriage.
- Avoid unwashed and raw fruits, this practice leads pregnant women to toxoplasmosis. Toxoplasmosis can increase the chances of stillbirth, miscarriage and harm the baby’s organ development.
- Eat limited fish in pregnancy, fish contain mercury that can affect your baby’s vision and hearing.
- Wear sunscreen when you go out
- Write a birth plan and share it with your husband or another family member that is with you at the delivery time.
- Educate yourself by attending pregnancy classes or meeting women that are pregnant.
- Change your chores and avoid lifting heavy materials or toxic cleaners.
- Avoid traveling in early and late pregnancy
- Don’t sit with pets
- Get enough sleep
Pregnancy is a most delightful period for parents_ they want to know much more to prevent themselves from its complications. Therefore, healthy foods, staying hydrated, exercising, and avoiding dangerous meals and beverages can protect the pregnant women from difficulties. A pregnancy plan and routine checkup are adequate to minimize your worries about pregnancy.
Thanks for visiting our website
Article written by: Abida Majeed