Kantola / akakarakaya / Teasel Gourd / Kartula / spiny Gourd benefits Amazingly towards our Health and specially to the diabetic person.
Spiny Gourd is a Monsoon grown vegetable, it is also called as a Teasel Gourd , “Kantola” or “Karutla” in Local Language .
Spiny Gourd Benefits as below:
- Spiny Gourd is very high in fiber, protein, phyto vitamins & Iron, this fruit contains very less calorie ie. 17 Calorie in 100 Grams of Spiny gourds.
- Kantola is Very Beneficial for our health. This vegetable belongs to Bitter Gourd family which is health wise good for our health.
- Spiny gourd is less bitter in taste than bitter gourd hence Kantola can be a good healthy & tasty option for food lovers.
- Teasel / Spiny Gourd vegetable is very good for digestion due to its fiber & antioxidant contents. It helps in increasing digestion speed and increase food nutrition. Spiny Gourd works as a body cleanser, it’s Vitamin C & antioxidants helps in removing harmful chemicals from our body. It helps to decrease the threat of deadly diseases like cancer, Heart Attack, etc.
- Due to Low calorie & fat burning nature and its magical body sugar controlling properties. Spiny Gourd vegetable helps to diabetic & high / Low sugar patient to normalize the body sugar level.
- Kantola is also beneficial for our skin health & anti-aging benefits due to its flavonoids contains, such as beta carotene, lutein etc.
- Kantola contain Vitamin C, which is good for seasonal immunity. During Manson it helps in curing symptoms of seasonal Cough & Cold.
- Kantola’s thorny skin is also eatable and full of nutrition value. While cooking it should be boiled properly in closed lid pots.
- Kantola is insulin rich plant, and which makes it very beneficial to control blood sugar level in diabetic patients.
- Spiny gourd contains Vitamin A, which is very beneficial to maintain eye health and get rid of general eye related problems.
- Spiny Gourd / Kantola having anti-allergic, Anti-inflammatory & anti-bacterial qualities makes it a good anti infection healthy diet food.
- Antioxidants and flavonoids found in Kantola, which helps to control on free radicals and enhance the life span of our healthy body cells.
- Kantola also having anti-inflammatory and intoxicating qualities, which helps to get rid of forming Kidney stones.
- Spiny Gourd is a low calorie and water rich vegetable. Kantola energize your body and keep your tummy full which makes it a best weight loss diet food.
- Kantola Vegetable is very good for the breastfeeding mother, because it helps to decrease the infants vomiting problems.
Hence Kantola / Spiny Guard is very healthy option for Monsoon Diet
Anti-Allergenic Kantola / Teasel Gourd / Spiny Gourd
Spiny gourd is very beneficial to eat during rainy / monsoon season. Kantola has anti allergic antioxidant & anti-bacterial properties which keeps away seasonal like cough & cold.
Teasel Gourd most of the time arrive in market during monsoon season only. It is one of the best monsoon food to be added in our rainy season diet. Spiny Gourd is also a very healthy Vegetable option of diet food due to its protein rich contains.
Few other important health benefits of Spiny Gourd
- Kantola helps in reducing and controlling blood sugar level in diabetic patients to avoid harsh disease threat
- A study found that Kantola plant have anti-cancer agents helps in Reducing the chances of cancer upon regular consumption
- Kantola contains antioxidants as well as Beta Carotene, Alpha Carotene & lutein Helps on anti-aging of our skin.
- Kantola is rich with vitamin A helps in Improving our eyesight.
- Kantola / akakarakaya contains More water and lactane helps in Reducing excess sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
- Spiny Gourd is high in fiber and antioxidants and thus very easy for proper digestion
- Kantola contains lots of vitamins, minerals and dietary fibers hence Pregnant women can also eat Spiny Gourd in her diet. Also, Lactating mothers can eat Kantola to decrease the problem of vomiting in infants on feeding.
- Spiny Gourd / akakarakaya helps in repairing damaged body cells and energizing body, along with its phytonutrients.
- As a vegetable Kantola is one of the best to be added by all vegan and non-vegan people in their diet.
Spiny Gourd Benefits to Diabetes Patient
Spiny Gourd is Phyto-nutrient rich vegetable, and one of the insulin rich Vegetable. Diabetic patient can not only eat this vegetable without any worry, but this also helps in healthy control on blood sugar level. And hence Spiny gourd, Kartula or Gac Fruit is one of the best Food to eat during diabetes.
Recipe of spiny Gourd Spicy Curry
Wash the vegetable & cut the slices of Spiny Gourd / akakarakaya. Skin of Spiny Gourd looks ugly but is very healthy & nutritious hence it is recommended to keep during its cooking process.
After warming a Pan on Gas / Stove add Oil, Onion & Tomato Slices and Kantola Slices, Add Turmeric Powder, Chili Powder, Vegetable Spices Powder Mix, Cumin Powder, Coriander Seed Powder and Peanut Powder.
Add Some water to make gravy. Always cook in closed lid for 20-25 Minutes. you can add extra water for curry or add moderate water to make it dry as per your Taste Choice.
Kantola Vegetable will be Great option of health essentials like protein and iron source, it also fights with seasonal Allergies and seasonal sickness. During monsoon adding Spiny Gourd in our daily diet gives best health benefits.
Plant Based diet plays an important role in upkeeping health during Diabetes disease, and there are few another Plant based food. Kantola / akakarakaya / Teasel Gourd, Bitter Gourd, Red Cabbage, Cinnamon, Fenugreek Seeds Curcumin or Wet Turmeric, okra like vegetables helps in naturally increasing body Insulin production. Adding Spiny Gourd & Plant diet can be very beneficial to diabetes patient by lower the disease intensity.
Hope you like above information on Vegetable Kartula / Teasel Gourd Vegetable, Kantola benefits towards our health very much.
Thanks for being with us,