Dear Readers, Vitamin C is very helpful to increase our body immunity against viral diseases. so, lets know more about few Vitamin C Enriched Foods that fight viral infections
Why Vitamin C
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant which haves a major role in protecting our body cells against the effects of free radicals — molecules produced upon body internal or external exposure of tobacco, pollutant smoke or radiation of sun, X-rays or other sources. Free radicals might play a role in increasing threat of critical diseases such as heart disease, cancer etc.
- Vitamin C helps to increase our body Immunity. Vitamin C is an antioxidant, which protects cells against oxidative damage. Medical experts recommend a per day vitamin C dose for healthy women is 75 mg, 90 mg for men, 120 mg for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, 45 mg for children ages 9-13, and about 25 mg for kids ages 3-8.
- Improve cardiovascular health. Vitamin C helps to widen blood vessels and help protect against cardiovascular diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Few researchers also believed that C vitamin’s also have an ability of lowering blood pressure and reducing inflammation.
- Vitamin C Helps to fight against Anemia and improve immunity. Vitamin C enhances Iron absorption of our body by capturing non-heme iron and storing it in an easily body absorbent form. Alro there is a study which shows that taking 100mg of vitamin C with a meal daily, increased iron absorption by 67%.
- Vitamin C Helps to reduce motion sickness during hectic travel. a study shows on patients who took 20 mg of vitamin C per day had reduced levels of motion sickness. Lemons contain high levels of natural vitamin C. Lemon also contains bicarbonate neutralizing acids and helps in relieving nausea which occurs from Motion sickness and vertigo. Carrying vitamin C tablets during traveling will be very helpful to relive travel nausea.
- Vitamin C based Diet and using vitamin C skin Serum helps in getting glowing and healthy skin. Generally, all skin creams more or less contain Vitamin C because it helps in collagen formation which enhances skin tone. Vitamin C works as an anti-ageing agent by reducing skin lines and wrinkles and get a healthy skin. Vitamin C also works as a shield of our skin and reduce impacts of environmental radiation and free radical damage. as per a study published on Vitamin C usage in year 2018 on participants who took vitamin C orally found gained improvement in their skin health just after a few weeks of vitamin intake.
- Vitamin C provides immunity against seasonal and viral infections such as cough, cold & flu. By adding vitamin C-based diet helps us to lower the impact of seasonal diseases by enhanced immunity.
Which food contains more Vitamin C naturally
- Kakadu Plums or Green Plum (100 Gram): 2907 mg
- Guava (1medium): 165 mg
- Strawberries (1 cup): 98 mg
- Kiwi (100 Gram): 92.7 mg
- Cantaloupe (1⁄4 medium): 95 mg
- Papaya (1 Medium): 95 mg
- Kale (1 cup): 80 mg
- Orange (100 Gram): 53.2 mg
- Broccoli (1⁄2 cup): 50 mg
- Pineapple (1 slice): 40 mg
- Star Fruit (100 Gram): 34 mg
- Mango (medium): 30 mg
- Lemon: 30 mg
Above are the fruits which can be added in our daily diet to meet the required Vitamin C which will help to improve your immunity.
We hope you like above article on Vitamin C Enriched Foods that fight viral infections and is necessary for our good nutrition with enhanced body immunity.
Thanks for Visiting our website