Pediatric ‘s is the term of clinical technology concerned with the physical, mental, and social fitness of kids from start from Childhood to Younger age. Pediatric care includes an extensive spectrum of fitness services starting from preventive fitness care to the diagnosis and remedy of acute and chronic diseases. And hear by this article we are emphasizing on general guidelines to following for a proper pediatric care of children by parents.
During Checkup below information’s must be passed on to doctors regarding Kids Health by parents:
- Childs earlier disease information and ongoing treatment information must be given to doctor
- Inform doctor about any observed allergy of any medicine of food, so accordingly doctors can guide further.
- You can Ask freely to doctors about observed symptoms or disease about kids while checkup
- Don’t take any medicine without doctors advise, also don’t stop giving any medicine without confirming from doctors.
- Please Ask doctors for writing doses and time of medicines clearly for further precautions if you are not able to understand it from the prescription.
- Once show the medicines to doctors before giving it to children’s, also inform doctor about any change in branded medicine given by pharmacist’s other than doctor’s prescription.
Guideline on Infant Diet:
- Strictly give mother’s milk only to infant from birth till 5 months old and please consult with doctor if mother milk is not enough for the child.
- After 6 months of birth, according to doctors advise can start diet of half cup samil liquid food, 2-3 times in a day of homemade vegetable stew / soup, Mashed Vegetables, Mashed Fruits, any Sami-solid infant diet food, ragi Sami-liquid malt, rice Sami-liquid malt etc. can be given to infant. Honey can be given to infant only after attaining 1 year old.
- While preparing a healthy Sami-solid food for infant for 6 years year old, dryly fry rice, semolina (Sooji / Rawa) well in clarified butter of cow. Then add cow milk, Sugar, Cumin Seed Powder / Cumin Seed, asafoetida, Salt, Chopped Vegetable, cook it well and then feed this soft food mixture to infant for better health improvement.
- Always check the taste of food before giving it to infant. And if infant is not eating then increase the feeding time gap for better hunger improvement and better nutrition in kids.
- Avoid Canned / packaged baby food, and give it only after doctors advise, it is better to give a homemade food for infant for better nutrition.
- After 7 months give infant a semolina kheer, Rice Kheer or Sagoo Kheer well cooked in fresh cow or Buffalow milk. You can also give fruit juices, Mashed Boiled rice with Lentil Soup to infant after 7 moths.
- During 8th and 9th month give mashed roti (Indian Bread) mixed in Milk, Mashed Rice & Milk or Chapati / Rice mashed in Lentil Soup.
- After 10th month infant diet may include mashed soft rice, Mashed Potatoes, Mashed Fruits & Vegetables, Semolina / Rice / Flour puddings after consulting with doctor.
Parental care tips for Infant child
- Try to avoid giving infant an outside environment exposure and unnecessary crowd of people to safeguard from various infections.
- Keep away all medicines from infant and childs
- Don’t habit eating sweat items like candy, sweeteners to kids of early age, this may harm their dental health of childrens.
- Try to avoid overfeeding children’s, this may lead to digestive issues.
- Prefer giving small quantities of food while started feeding to kids.
- for babies around 6 months old can offered a small amount of boiled and then cooled water, but preferably Brest milk or unless baby liquid formula should be a primary diet for infants till the age of 12 months.
- Avoid giving chew toys, Chew Nipples or teether up to age 12 Months infants.
- Always burp after feeding newborn baby, check for baby feeding burping techniques.
- Support Baby’s Neck and Head while handling or moving baby from one place to another.
- Avoid shaking and mishandling newborn as it may be harmful.
- Maintain personal hygiene and regular handwash while handling baby
- Don’t allow a sick person to handle baby, as kids with low immunity may get the disease.
- Regularly massage baby with natural baby oil such as coconut oil, sesame seed oil etc.
- Use clean diapers and cloths for newborn. Can also use good baby wipes, a lukewarm water to wipe out baby’s body.
- Bathing babies 2 to three times a daily for 1st year will be a good hygiene, Sponge bathing, Wiping and tub bathing are good bath options for infants.
- There is a need of proper care for Circumcision and Umbilical Cord of babies, use coconut oil to gently apply on those areas to heal early. It is advised to avoid water submerging to baby until the umbilical cord falls which takes 10 days to 3 weeks of time.
- Babies sleeps very less during first few months i.e., 1-2 hours a day, as they require more food for better nourishments. Also, parents should avoid sharing bed with newborns to 1 year.
Baby Feeding & Burping Techniques for infants:
Baby burping after feeding is essential for newborns as following this process ensures a food reaching into digestive system and avoid food vomiting by kids.
- Hold your baby upright with his or her head to your shoulder. Aid your toddler’s head and back at the same time as gently patting the back together with your other hand.
- Sit down your infant on your lap. Help your baby’s chest and head with one hand with the aid of cradling your child’s chin in the palm of your hand and resting the heel of your hand on your infant’s chest (be cautious to grip your baby’s chin — no longer throat). Use the other hand to gently pat your toddler’s lower back.
- Lay your infant face-down on your lap. Guide your toddler’s head, making sure it is higher than his or her chest, and gently pat or rub his or her lower back.
It will be a time to see doctor if kids facing following health issue:
- Nausea and loose motions in kids should be seed to doctors
- Cough and cold in children should be reported to doctors
- Non or Low-urination or latrine, stiff stomach and low eating should report to doctors.
- Sleepy or excessive crying child symptoms should also report to doctor.
- High fever in kids should be reported to doctor
- Yellowish eyes/ Tongue and skin can be a jaundice disease symptom which must be reported to doctors
- Feet’s symptoms in child should be immediately reported to doctors
- Swelling on Child’s body should be reported to doctor
- Dark Yellowish or red urine and stool should report to pediatric doctor
- Child breathing issues must be observed and reported to pediatric doctors
- Kid not responding to food should be reported to pediatric doctor
There are lot more things parents can do for their kids to make them healthy and happy under the expert guidance of pediatric doctors. Hence parents should ask more and more questions to doctor to make your child healthier.
Thanks for visiting our website