Osteoporosis is a Bone related medical condition in which diseased person’s body stop’s Repairing & making new bones in body. This condition make’s bones condition very fragile so they can brake easily.
What is Osteoporosis?
Our bone structure is an important part of our body. Our bones are continuously in improvement and self-repair state. Every person up to age of 20 have this bone repair & improvement process if much faster but as soon he completes his 20 years, this process starts lowering down after the age of 20 till the peak of age 30. The bone creation and repairing lower along with ageing and Osteoporosis threat is lower to the people who have developed enough bone strength by the age of 30s. Osteoporosis is a stage of disease when our body bone repairing rate if lower and our bones become fragile.
Bone mass development is followed with the age factor but there are other factors such as lifestyle, Gender, Race, Diet, Family History, Hormonal Imbalance & undergoing medicines can also affect the process of bone repair & development.
During Healthy condition our body continuously repair & makes new bones as it damages during our day-to-day activities. But during Osteoporosis repairing of bones slower than damaged bones.
Symptoms of Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis has no prior symptoms which can be detected and have mild symptoms except braking of bones which can be very painful.
- Breaking of bones frequently
- visible Bones size variations
- Back pain due to fracture of Vertebra
- A Change in Posture
- Neck Pain
- Small Cracks in Bones and Continuous fracture in Bones
Who have the risk of Osteoporosis
- Women body structure having more delicate bones then men’s Body Structure, and along with lack of nutrition, calcium and vitamin a women’s have move risk of developing osteoporosis
- Ageing can play a factory in people in development of osteoporosis
- White people have more threat of osteoporosis than black and Asian people due to their culture, environment and Diet.
- Parents or siblings detected frequent fracture situations and osteoporosis may create possibility of the disease transfer through genome history.
- Lower Male hormones number in body may also create threat of developing osteoporosis due to weakened body structure.
- Thyroid hormones increased numbers can also create threat of osteoporosis
- Treatment of cancer can also create hormonal changes in body and increase threat of Osteoporosis.
- More active Parathyroid & adrenal glands may also reason to develop osteoporosis.
- Few Steroids & Medicines can also create threat of osteoporosis.
- Seizures can also create imbalance in women body and weaken bones
- Gastric reflux & Body parts transplant rejections can also accelerate osteoporosis.
- Patient with Kidney and liver disease have threat of creating osteoporosis disease.
Lifestyle and Osteoporosis threat
- Imbalance lifestyle and more seating hours job can create threat of osteoporosis. lack of nutrition and body rest can also create such issues. Hence everyone should follow a good lifestyle with daily exercise and nutritious diet and enough body rest. Our body should be active hence taking a short break with being physically active like walking, short body stretching will be helpful to avoid bone related disease threat.
- excessive alcohol drinking habit also create threat of osteoporosis, People who drink’s more than 2 drinks daily have more threat of developing damaging bone issue.
- Tobacco use may also create bone damaging issues.
Serious complications during osteoporosis
Our Bone are the base of balancing our body, and most important is our spine which keeps straight to the upper part of our body. During osteoporosis fracture in spine can create serious harm to a person.
Also, during osteoporosis hip damage issues are found majorly which crate seating issue in people.
Hence sever back pain, spine collapsing, and forward posture issues can be created due to osteoporosis.
How to prevent from osteoporosis?
Our lifestyle plays a major role in creating disease threat like osteoporosis; hence a well-balanced lifestyle can avoid such diseases threat. Daily exercise helps in healing our body and helps in strengthening our bones.
Calcium is a mineral which is a source of nutrition and strengthening our bones. A good amount of calcium in daily diet is essential for everyone for strong bones and avoiding risk of osteoporosis.
An adult need around 1000 to 1200 Mili grams of calcium daily to develop and rejuvenate bones.
Following are few sources of calcium which should be added in daily diet.
Sources of Calcium
- Low fat dairy food items such as Milk, Cheese, Paneer, Yogurt etc.
- dark green leafy vegetable
- Meat, Fish like salmon & chicken
- soyabean products such as soya chunks, tofu
- fortified cereals & Orange juice
- Fortified flour products such as bread
- Beans, Peanuts and peas
- Avocado, Almonds, Acorn Squash
- Sesame Seeds, China Seeds
Lack of calcium can also be treated through calcium supplements and chewable calcium tablets.
Vitamin D Helps our body in absorbing calcium through body diet & fluids and helps to develop our bones. Lack of vitamin D can create bone related issues.
An adult need averagely 600 to 800 international units of Vitamin D every day.
Vitamin D Source
- Sun exposure to our body is very important because it can be the best source of getting vitamin D to our body
- Cod liver oil is a good source of vitamin D for kids with good eating issue
- Dairy products like milk, Yogurt, Cheese are good source of vitamin D.
- Meat Products like Pork, beef liver & Fatty Fish like Atlantic Herring, Mackerel, Tuna salmon, Sole, Flunder etc.
- Egg Yolk
- Mushroom, Green Peace, Basil
Common Treatments for Osteoporosis
Upon found bone issues doctors proscribes antiresorptive drugs which helps to recover your damaged bones. There are several FDA Approved Antiresorptive drugs are available, but is it advised to consult with doctors first before taking any medicines for osteoporosis.
Weight Bearing Moves
Physiotherapy is another best option to strengthen bones, hence doctors suggest do few exercises and moves which helps your body to improve its weight bearing capacity and strengthen your bones.
Daily exercise helps in movement and strengthening our body and make it ready for excessive weight bearing and save from bone fracture.
Mediterranean diet is one of the best diets recommended to improve bone health and reduce threat of diseases like osteoporosis, because important nutrition required for bones health are calcium and Vitamin D & Mediterranean diet is full of Vegetable, Fruits, Nuts, Dairy, Fish, Egg.
As per a study on diet and bones health, it is observed that by following Mediterranean diet for 1 year helps effectively on reducing Hip Bone loss.
Anabolic Agent based Medicines
These anabolic agents are advised by doctors in Sevier condition of bone loss. These medicines activate agents in our body, which improve production of cells which helps in bone loss recovering and formation of new bones.
We hope you like above article on bone health, for more bone health information check following article link on improving bone health https://gymbag4u.com/2020/07/11/strong-bones-tips-to-make-your-bones-stronger-and-healthy/
Thanks for visiting us